Bangladesh Marine Academy
is not responsible for the
content of external websites.
Total Hit : 7612
|Admission & Application for 49th Batch (2012)|
Selection Plan: 49th Batch Cadets
Publication of Advertisement
Name Registration (Online) commences
Closure of Name Registration
Publication of the Result of Written Examination
Physical Fitness Test commences
Result (upto Viva-Voce)
Medical Test, Eye-sight & Colour Vision Test commence
(for selected 275 Candidates)
Nov 23 – 24
Dec 12 – 13
Final List of the Cadets of 49th Batch
Under Bangladesh Merchant Marine Officers’ & Ratings’ training, certification, employment, working hours and watchkeeping Rules 2011 Bangladesh Marine Academy has setup the following Pre-qualifications of application.
A. Eligibility of a candidate
i) Educational Qualifications
- SSC or equivalent (Science) => Minimum GPA 3.5
- HSC or equivalent (Science) => Minimum GPA 3.5
In HSC, minimum grade in Physics & Mathematics is to be 3.50 individually. In English,
grade is to be minimum 3.00; however if it is less than 3.00, IELTS score 5.5 will be
3. A & O-Level :
a. A-level certificate in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics
(Minimum Grade ‘C’ individually )
b. O-level certificates in Five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and
(Minimum Grade ‘C’ individually)
ii) Other Qualifications
- Age limit: Maximum 21 years on 31 December 2012 (Year of application). The date of birth is recognized as per S.S.C or equivalent examination certificate. Affidavit will not be accepted. Any candidate found to be over even by one day shall be rejected and no appeal against it shall be entertained.
- Nationality: Candidates must be male or female nationals of Bangladesh by birth or domicile as per national legislation duly certified by competent authority.
Foreign (male & female) applicants may also apply through their respective Embassies.
3. Marital Status: Unmarried.
4. Height: Male- 5' -4'' ; Female 5' -2''
5. Weight: Proportionate BMI
B. Selection Steps
- Written Examination
- Preliminary Physical Fitness test
- Viva- Voce
- Eye-sight Test:
- Colour Vision Test:
- Medical Test
- Written Examination (In Dhaka, Chittagong, Rajshahi & Khulna)
(a) Subject: Physics, Mathematics, English and General Knowledge
(b) Question Type: MCQ (No. of Question; 50X4 = 200)
(c) Duration: 2 hours for 4 subjects in one session (morning)
(a) Written * : 80 Marks in each subject ( 50X1.6 = 80)
Total; 80 x 4 = 320
(b) Viva-Voce * : 80 Marks
* [(40% pass marks in each subject) overall Pass mark is 50% that is 200 marks out of 400]
(c) Certificate Marks : 100 (SSC: 50, HSC: 50)
(d) Total Marks : 500 marks (written & viva)
2. Preliminary Physical Fitness Test: (Fit/ Unfit)
(a) Push up (10 times);
(b) Rope climb: 6 m
(c) Race: 400 m (Max. time allowed: 3 min)
(d) Standard swimming test 50 m and followed by floating 3 min.
3. Viva-voce: Interview (80 Marks)
Area of assessment Weight
(a) Personality 16
(b) Speech & Expression 16
(c) Intelligence 16
(d) Knowledge 16
(e) Extra-curricular activities 16
4. Eye-sight Test: Without glass 6/6 for Nautical Branch & up to 6/18 for Engineering Branch
5. Color Vision Test: Normal; that is not colour blind
6. Medical Examination: As prescribed by an approved medical board.
N.B : Final Selection will be based only on merit serial.
20 female cadets will be selected according to the merit serial of the female cadets.
Authority reserves the right to change anything mentioned here, if necessary.
CADET TRAINING COURSE:
3 years' Pre-Sea Nautical Science for Nautical Cadets
3 years' Pre-Sea Marine Engineering for Engineering Cadets
Simultaneously from the National University:
3 years' Bachelor of Maritime Science (Nautical) for Nautical Cadets
3 years' Bachelor of Maritime Science (Engineering) for Engineering Cadets
24 months pre sea training at Academy followed by 12 months at Sea
(sea-service with salary)
Pre-Sea Nautical Science certificate, or
Pre-Sea Marine Engineering certificate from the Academy
Bachelor of Maritime Science (Nautical/Engineering) Degree
from National University
PRE-SEA TRAINING COSTS:
i. During training at Academy (initial two years) total costs for course fees, food, study materials
etc. are currently little over Tk.4,00000/- (four lac)
ii. Cadets will earn average $ 500 per month while at sea during 3rd year.
Dr. Sajid Hussain FIMarEST
Chartered Marine Engineer